Sunday, November 26, 2006

Hibernation halts work!

Work commenced over this weekend to change how the rack line links into the main line - we want to be able to operate the main line without the rack line crossing it in any way, so we've relaid the pointwork. All a bit of a fiddle, and involved extending the decking area further into the garden, which I hadn't originally wanted to do. As ever, it wasn't straightforward, but I've finally got the track more or less as I wanted it. I then decided to tidy the garden up a bit and clear the dead leaves off the plants. There did seem to be rather a lot of leaves and loose earth around the timber of the railway trackbed, and I rather feared that I'd have yet more cat mess to remove. But a little clearance revealed... a sleepy hedgehog. I have of course restored his hibernation nest as best I can, and will leave him to his (or her) slumbers till the Spring. Work is suspended until March, therefore...